Lehmann banned from driving for four weeks

Former German international goalkeeper Jens Lehmann has been banned from driving for four weeks and fined 127 euros (165 US dollars) after being caught speeding in Munich, German tabloid Bild reported on Saturday.

The Stuttgart goalkeeper, who made the last of his 61 appearances for Germany in the Euro 2008 final, hit the headlines here last year for using a helicopter to get from his Starnberg home near Munich to Stuttgart s training base 250 kilometres away.

The ex-Arsenal keeper may again resort to the elaborate mode of transport after he was caught driving 102km per hour along Munich s Landshuter Allee at 2am on September 3 2008 in an area which has a top speed of 60km/h.

Lehmann is under contract at Stuttgart until 2010 and has said he wants to play for the national side again, but head coach Joachim Loew has said a recall is unlikely.

And Werder Bremen goalkeeper Tim Wiese, who is competing to be Germany s first choice, said Lehmann was being unrealistic if he expects to be brought back into the national squad again.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *